Some people want to be “crunchy green” and others would like to be a “shade of green”. But Sophie Uliano can help you to be “Gorgeously Green“. This book highlights 8 steps to live a more earth-friendly life without sacrificing:
- Becoming aware – This first chapter describes what it mean to go “green”, how it’s easier than you think, and why we all should do it.
- Green Goddess – This next chapter lists great information on what ingredients to stay away from in cosmetics and personal care products for you and your baby. Specific products are listed for hair, body, and oral care.
- Your Green Temple – This chapter focuses on taking care of your body with a “green” focus. I’ve never taken a yoga class before but the twenty pages of yoga poses were illustrated so simply that they actually got me to try some out.
- Soulful Shopping – This chapter guides you through changing your shopping habits so your choices make less of an impact on the earth. Sophie gives loads of specific website listings for clothing, pet supplies, jewelry and more.
- Your palace: Creating the home you deserve: This chapter delivers many specific examples of “greener” choices when it come to household cleaners, laundry cleaners, saving energy, gardening, and what to look for in furniture. There’s even some great tid-bits for polishing wood, keeping moths away, and a list of products to make your own cleaning solutions.
- Every Last Bite: This chapter is all about food – choosing organic where you should and don’t need to, safer fish choices, and pantry items you should always have on hand so healthy “eco-minded” dishes are always possible. There’s also 22 pages with recipes for main meals, side dishes, muffins, desserts, and smoothies.
- Out and about having fun: This chapter focuses on driving, flying, entertainment, and vacationing – all with a “green” focus and specific web sites to help you do so.
- Go supergreen: The final chapter focuses on how to become an activist and gives some handy checklists to help you with being “greener”.
Not only does Sophie deliver great resources and information in this book but she also has a very informative web site with blog entries, cooking videos, and a message board with tons of questions and helpful answers.
Going “green” just got a little easier, all in one convenient, compact resource!